Are you playing our new game, Up and Down Vermont?
This year we created a crossword – no pieces to cut out and paste, just boxes to fill in.
All of our crossword clues are about Franklin County or Vermont. In case you got stuck, here are a few more hints.
1. This author of children’s books is also a member of the Swanton Library board.
7. Vermont shares a lake with this neighbor.
8. Someone with this name might be expected to make cookies.
10. This local business is a sponsor of Up and Down Vermont.
11. This author went Cliff Walking
12. This Vermont governor also founded the Franklin Telephone Company.
24. This Franklin County municipality was founded in 1896.
35. Read about the answer to this clue here: A life in art
2. Back founded by J. Gregory Smith.
5. The Swanton Arts Council has created a series of scary films named for the town’s iconic birds. The answer is the name of that series.
6. Members of this Native American tribe lived along the banks of the Missisquoi River.
9. The first word in the name of this Sheldon paper mill is another word for boulder.
10. The world’s biggest ice cream sundae was made in Franklin County with the ice cream created by the company this man co-founded.
13. A life-size cardboard cutout of this President can be found in the Fairfield town offices.
15. Find out more about Berkshire’s self-described ‘bad librarian’ here.
17. The Long Trail runs through a part of this Franklin County town.
20. This vodka is made in Georgia, Vt.