- Voters are being asked to choose whether the position of Road Commissioner shall be elected or appointed.
- Voters will choose whether to have an elected auditor or hire a certified public accountant to conduct future audits.
- The budget is presented in sections rather than as a whole. Areas of the budget with changes include:
- Machinery replacement fund reduced to $10,000
- Infrastructure replacement fund increased to $87,000
- Building capital improvement and maintenance fund reduced to $25,000
- Reappraisal fund reduced to $6,000
- The board is asking for $460,000 to cover town operations, referred to as contingent selectboard, an increase of $31,500.
- Voters will also be asked to consider consolidation of local cemetery commissions into one with oversight for all town cemeteries.
- Proposed budget is up $22,350 to $2.67 million.
- The anticipated tax rate is up 4.14 cents to $1.2728.
- The equalized per pupil count is up by five, and the cost per pupil is up $914 to $12,884.
- The board is asking to transfer $10,000 into a capital improvement fund.
Municipal and school officers
- Two-year seat on the selectboard currently held by Sarah Silva.
- Three-year seat on the selectboard currently held by Scott Perry.
- Mary Niles two-year term as school director expires.
- Christina Suarez-Pratt’s three-year term as school director expires.
Go back to The Online Guide to Town Meeting Day.