- The board is asking for approval for:
- $11,000 to be used as matching funds should the town receive a sidewalk grant;
- $16,000 for the Franklin Recreation Dept.;
- $3,300 for a snowblower attachment for the town’s tractor
- The budget, if all articles are approved, will total $807,000.
- The anticipated municipal tax rate is $0.3825, an increase of 7.4 cents.
- The board is asking for the town’s recommendation on whether to hire Enosburgh Ambulance Service for the next five years or switch to AmCare.
- Enosburgh is offering a five year contract at $23.50 per person with a 2 percent increase each year.
- AmCare is offering a five or ten year contract at $23 per person with a 2 percent increase each year.
- The proposed budget is $1.7 million, with a per pupil spending increase of 10.7 percent to $12.938.
- The projected tax rate is up 1.46 cents to $0.6474.
- See Missisquoi Valley Union for budget information.
Municipal and School Officers
- Town treasurer Lisa Larivee’s term is up.
- The terms of selectboard members Brooks Sturtevant and Andrew Godin are expiring.
- Tim Magnant’s term on the Franklin School Board is expiring.
- Robert Irish is not seeking reelection as an MVU trustee. Eric Beauregard and Lee Paquette are competing for the seat.
Go back to The Online Guide to Town Meeting Day.