Meets Saturday, March 4, 10 a.m. at Bellows Free Academy, Fairfax Elementary School gym to vote on non-Australian ballot articles, as well as informational meeting for Town and School budgets.
Town and School budget articles, special ballot articles and elected position items voted on by Australian ballot Tuesday, March 7 at the BFA, Fairfax old gymnasium. Polls open from 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Article 2: An 18-month transitional budget of 4,018,488, with $2,452,415 raised from taxes.
- Article 3: To authorize the hiring of a part-time town manager.
- Article 4: To eliminate the town lister position and instead contract a qualified assessor.
- Article 6: To approve a transitional budget for Fairfax rescue of $108,674
- Voters are also asked to elect a selectperson to a two-year term and a selectperson to a three-year term, as well as a lister to a three-year term and a lister to one year of a three-year remaining term, pending the outcome of article 4.
- Article 2: A budget of $12,107,122, with education spending of $13,292.77 per equalized pupil, an increase of 4.39 percent from the current year, with a CLA-adjusted tax rate of $1.3838, up from $1.3681.
- Voters will elect a school director for a two-year term and a school director to a three-year term.
Go back to The Online Guide to Town Meeting Day.