School directors will be elected on Mon., March 6 at 7 p.m. at the Berkshire Elementary School. Budgetary items for the both the town and school, and the election of selectboard members, will be decided by Australian ballot on Tues., March 7. Polls will be open from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. at the town clerk’s office.
- The proposed town budget is $946,827 with $634,646 to be raised in taxes.This is an increase of $1,174 over the 2016 budget.
- School budget is down $353,600 to $4.285 million.
- The projected tax rate is $1.5040, up a minute amount the current year’s $1.5031.
- The equalized per pupil count is up just over five students, and the town will need $4.2 million from the education fund.
- Per pupil spending is up $630 to $13,766.
Municipal and school officials
- Emily Fecteau is running unopposed for reelection as town clerk and treasurer.
- Josh Aldrich and Andrew Smith are competing for a three-year seat on the board.
- The terms of school directors Edmund Garrow and Paul Hatch have expired.
Go back to The Online Guide to Town Meeting Day.