Alburgh’s town meeting will begin at 10 a.m. on Monday, March 6 at the Alburgh Community Educational Center. All money issues will be subject to a vote via printed ballot on Town Meeting Day from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. at the Alburgh Municipal Building.
- The proposed general fund budget is $689,449.09, of which $391,707.09 would be raised by taxes.
- The proposed highway budget is $618,734.04, of which $527,334.04 to be raised by taxes.
- The proposed blacktop budget is $60,000.
- The proposed school budget is $5.6 million, a 6.6 percent decrease.
- The cost per pupil has increased, so the tax rate has risen 2.28 cents to $1.4902.
Municipal and School Officials
- Incumbent selectboard member Lee Kimball is being challenged by Joseph Deyo for a three-year seat.
- Alton Bruso is running unopposed for reelection to his two-year seat on the selectboard.
Go back to The Online Guide to Town Meeting Day.