ST. ALBANS TOWN — The St. Albans Town Forest has existed as public land since 1953 when the first of three lots was purchased, designated by the town selectboard and approved by Perry Merrill of Vermont Forest, Parks and Recreation (VTFPR).
By 1963 the third lot had been purchased and the total area of the town forest today is 162 acres. This woodlot is located within the largest unfragmented block of forest in the Town of St. Albans and crossing into Swanton. It includes approximately 3,500 acres made up of many ownerships and bounded by Route 105 and French Hill Road.
Access to the forest is at the end of Forest Drive off of French Hill. In the last few years, the town has taken a much greater interest in developing this wonderful town asset for the benefit of area residents, including humans, as well as the local fauna and flora.
To learn more about The St. Albans Town Forest and the towns forest management plan launch today’s Digital Edition, subscribe today, or pick up a copy of the St. Albans Messenger at your favorite newsstand!