BAKERSFIELD — Just after 9:30 p.m. Monday, a white Jeep crashed into a Route 108 Bakersfield home.

The driver, 30-year-old Michael T. Fitzgerald, of East Fairfield, sustained minor injuries in the crash, and no other injuries have been reported.

According to a press release sent this early morning, Vermont State Troopers from the St. Albans barracks found the vehicle lodged into the interior of the home. Photos of the scene also show a propane tank underneath the Jeep.

Bakersfield First Assistant Fire Chief Paul Stanley this morning spoke about the problem that presented.

“There was a strong concern with the propane because the tank was under the car,” Stanley said by phone this morning. “It’s very, very fortunate we didn’t have any lines break.”

Stanley added that there were ultimately no leaks in the tank, and that it was turned off before the car was removed from the home. Firefighters had to reach underneath the vehicle to shut off the tank.

In addition to troopers and Bakersfield Fire Department, Enosburgh Fire Department and the American Red Cross responded to the scene.

The home’s inhabitants, a family of four, were in the house at the time of the accident, said Stanley. Fortunately, the family was in the front of the home, while vehicle struck the back of the house.

“There’s quite a bit of damage,” said Stanley. The family was renting the Route 108 home that is owned by Warren Hull according to Bakersfield town records. Media reports have named the inhabitants as the Pilon family: Dusti, Eric, and their children. The Pilons are currently being aided by Red Cross as a structural analysis of the house and any necessary repairs are completed.

According to Stanley, the family will only be able to move back in once the home is structurally sound.

Neither the Pilons nor Hull could be reached for comment by press time this morning.

Fitzgerald was the only person police listed as injured as a result of the incident. He was transported to Northwestern Medical Center for a medical assessment.

After Fitzgerald’s release from the hospital, police arrested him for driving with a criminally suspended license, careless and negligent operation, and suspicion of driving under the influence. Fitzgerald refused to take the Standard Field Sobriety Tests and he also declined to give a sample of breath for an evidentiary test, said police.

After processing, Fitzgerald was released with an order to appear in Franklin County Criminal Court on June 2.

According to police, the crash is still under investigation.