HIGHGATE β€” Seven local departments responded to a residential fire in Highgate Wednesday afternoon that displaced two families.

According to a Department of Public Safety (DPS) press release, the Highgate Volunteer Fire Department received the call at 10:47 a.m. Firefighters arrived to find a two-family home with the roof and second floor on fire at 70 Katie Anne Lane, off of Machia Road.

β€œIt was mostly contained to the ceiling, roof area,” said volunteer firefighter David Grouse.

The home did have working smoke and carbon monoxide alarms. The residence is listed under owner Jessica Dostie, according to DPS,

Highgate Fire Department called in for mutual aid from six other towns: Swanton, St. Albans Town, Sheldon, Franklin, Enosburgh and Phillipsburg, Quebec. Missisquoi Valley Rescue also responded to the fire.