Residential and commercial. Vacation, sick, holiday, IRA. Must have tools and vehicle. Pay/experience.
FULL TIME POSITION FOR a tire technician. Experience helpful but will train. Apply in person at George Wood, 170 Federal Street, St. Albans
company searching for
and General Laborer.
Please contact our
Full-time and part-time positions, (second and third shifts) available in St. Albans area. Floor care experience a plus. Must have a clean background check and pass drug screening. $11.-$14./hour plus benefits starting, pending experience and shift preference.
Searching for a qualified person to manage our busy Service Department.
Automotive experience and Management skills are required to receive consideration. Requirements =
Responsible, Accountable, and Profitable
Competitive compensation, 5 days no weekends!
Fax resume to:
Or email to:
GAS RANGE, WHIRLPOOL, 30", free standing, 4.6 cu. ft., with self-cleaning oven. $50. 802-527-7235
MICROWAVE, KENMORE, BLACK, works excellent. $75. 802-752-9234
TOASTER OVEN, BLACK & Decker, good condition. $20. or best offer. 802-524-6254
HIGH CHAIR, ANTIQUE, oak, press back, 1800's, collapsible to stroller as well. All in original finish. $100. 802-485-8266
New building inside
$18. and $23. per ft.
4 cyl. I/O $185.
6 and 8 cyl. I/O $315.
Outboard 4 stroke $135.
Outboard 2 stroke $95.
Shrink wrap available
ASSORTED BOOKS: COOKBOOKS, crafts, needlepoint and more. About 50 books. $0.25. each. 802-782-4696
ENCYCLOPEDIA BRITANNICA SET, 1966. Free. Good for homeschooled. 802-524-2977
LUMBER: Rough Cut Dimensional. 2x4x8 $1.50. 2x6x10 $4. 2x8x12 $8. 2x10x14 $12. 2x12x16 $18. Tom Duffy, 802-309-8116.
GUNNE SAX DRESSES, (4), perfect for the upcoming St. Albans Raid Commemoration weekend. Size small. Prairie and wedding selections. $35. each. 802-868-4158
COMPUTER TOWERS (3), Windows Vista. $25. each or $60. takes them all. 802-752-9234
LAPTOP, ACER, WINDOWS 7, built-in cam. Works excellent. $100. 802-752-9234
CRIB SHEETS, (2) white and (3) print. $3. each or 5 for $15. Excellent condition. Call 802-891-6140
KID'S WOODEN BEADS for stringing, vintage 1950's. Five different shapes, five colors, 40 beads and two laces. Lovingly used. $20. Call 802-891-6140
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC GLOBE carrying case with 11 kid's board books. Lovingly used. $15. Call 802-891-6140
CRAFTS DISPLAY CASE, electric, lighted, with keys. $100. 802-485-8266
YARN, FULL SKEINS, about 50. $0.25. each. 802-782-4696.
TRAVEL TEA SET, Asian, adorable, like new. Teapot and two matching cups in original insulated wicker basket. $100. 802-485-8266
CB, NICE, FOR inside house. Has a lot of frequencies. Excellent condition, like brand new. $150. 802-782-9436
SAWMILLS FROM ONLY $4397. MAKE AND SAVE MONEY with your own bandmill. Cut lumber any dimension. In stock ready to ship. FREE Info/DVD:
BOOKSHELF, HEAVY, (3) shelves. Good condition. $50. or best offer. 802-782-4696
CABINET, PINE, 5 shelves. Fair condition. $149. 802-782-4696
CORNER KNICK KNACK shelves, (2), pine. $40. for both, or best offer. 802-782-4696
SOFA, RED FLORAL, FREE, good condition. Must pick up, St. Albans area. Call 802-868-2285 after 6 pm.
TABLE, DROP-LEAF, with two chairs. $60. 802-868-7975
TWIN BEDS, PAIR with metal frames. $35. for the pair. 802-868-7975
AIR BEDS (2), inflatable, twin size, like new, and bellows foot pump. $10. each or $25. for all three. 802-868-4984
PAPER PLACEMATS, 9.5 x 14" long. 500 each of the following colors: orange, aqua, coral. $15. each. 802-524-6254
We have sold our summer home, now selling the contents. Household goods, furniture, dinnerware, dishes and more. Everything must go!
17 West Solomon
Road, St. Albans
Fri., 8/22 thru
Household items, furniture, books (many) mostly non-fiction, clothes, tools, truck cap and more.
79 Beebe Road
Friday thru Sunday
Baby and toddler clothes; other clothes, toys, dolls, table saw, books, out-of-print sci fi, other items too numerous to mention.
17 Dunning Street
Thurs., 8/21 thru
Lots of old things, Clapp-Bailey's remnants, Show Box (Pat. 1881), pine stand with drawer, wood stove, tools, tool boxes.
21 Center Bay
S. Alburg Center
(At Junction 78, Route 2, turn left. 1/8 mile see sign.)
Fri., 8/22 thru
Typewriter, dishes, ladies clothes, lamps, books, end table, portable sewing machine, more.
111 Lord Road
St. Albans Town
75 Messenger Street
Lite Lunch Available
Sat., 8/23 & Sun., 8/24
Children's and adult clothing and shoes, jewelry, toys, movies, toy box, choo choo wagon, crib, craft items, much more!
102 Lower Welden
Street, St. Albans
Cooler doors, meat saw, meat case, pizza oven, deli station, household items, building supplies, cast iron radiators and much more.
9534 Route 36
Sat., 8/23 & Sun., 8/24
Light rain or shine!
Two part desk, dresser, total gym, chairs, picnic tables, lamps, boat seat, very large antique mailbox, pictures, baskets, tables, luggage. Cash only.
4959 Main Street
HORSES, FREE, (2), one is a 21 year old registered Morgan Horse brood mare. The other is a 5 year old registered Morgan, gelding, untrained. The gelding requires an experienced horse person. Call 802-933-4824 for more information.
GARDEN CART, METAL, rubber tires, baskets for tools and hose drum. Like new. $100. 802-485-8266
PUSH MOWER, WORKS good. $35. Call 802-752-9234
WEED WACKER, HOMELITE, runs excellent. $40. 802-752-9234
CHAISE LOUNGE, VINTAGE, like new, aqua color, very light and comfortable. $75. or best offer. 802-485-8266
MULCH HAY, 60 bales, $2. per bale. 802-782-5000
DOILIES, 5" LINEN, yellow. 1000 for $10. 802-524-6254
DOILIES, PINK, ROUND 12", fancy. 500 for $15. 802-524-6254
PAPER TOWEL DISPENSERS (3), still in boxes, white, with keys. $15. each. 802-524-6254
KITTENS/CAT, (6), five are 10 weeks old (3 males, 2 females), the 5 month old is male with long hair. $10. each. 802-782-0052
MALTESE/POODLE MIX, female, 16 weeks old, has first set of shots. In need of a new home. Rehoming fee $100. 802-868-0031
SHIH TZU PUPPIES, vet checked, first shots, dewormed. Ready to go to forever homes. $400. each. Call Flora, 802-933-2845.
CAT CAGE, EXCELLENT condition, very little use. 35x24x48, two shelves. $100. 802-485-8266
CIRCULAR SAW, BLACK & Decker, 7.25", 2 hp. $25. Call 802-782-5000.
LADDERS (3), 12' extension, 15' extension, and 20' solid. $100. for all. Call 802-782-5000
TABLE SAW, DELTA, heavy duty. $100. 802-868-4914
RUG SHAMPOOER, BISSELL, with instruction book and attachments. $100. firm. 802-782-4696
HEATER, INFRARED QUARTZ, electric, remote control. Brand new still in the box. Paid $140. will sell for $100. firm. 802-933-6219
WOODSTOVE, FRONT LOADING, with glass door, with blower and thermostat on top. Works good. $150. 802-933-6646
Long-haired Persian-looking cat with blue eyes and a crumpled left ear. Name is Bandit. Lost around upper High Street, St. Albans. Please call 802-528-5378.
Set of keys with Air Force decal. Lost in northeast corner of Taylor Park on Friday, 8/8. Reward. Please call 802-527-0056.
Complete households, most anything old/of good quality. 40+ years buying! Fair prices paid!
Call Ed Lambert
PONTIAC GRAND PRIX GT 2004, 122,805 miles, clean interior. Asking $3,200. Call 802-393-9073
VAN SEAT, FULL size, red. Good condition. $25. or best offer. 802-524-6254
TIRES AND RIMS: (50) free tires and rims, assorted sizes. Take them away, they are free. Rims look OK but tires are junk. Good for farms, etc. 802-527-2300
TOWN OF SHELDON
The polling place for the Primary Election to be held on Tuesday, August 26, 2014 from 7:00am to 7:00pm has moved to the Sheldon Municipal Office located at 1640 Main Street, Sheldon. The School is unavailable for use.
Road closure - Dewing Shore Road. Bridge project will begin September 2 thru October 15, 2014. Please seek alternate route.
STATE OF VERMONT
JPMORGAN CHASE BANK, NATIONAL ASSOCIATION
WAYNE RICHARD AIKEN AND KATIE L. GOODRICH-AIKEN A/K/A KATIE L. GOODRICH
OCCUPANTS OF 1492 PUMPKIN VILLAGE ROAD, FAIRFIELD, VT
& ORDER FOR
THIS SUMMONS IS DIRECTED TO: Wayne Richard Aiken
1. YOU ARE BEING SUED. The Plaintiff has started a lawsuit against you. A copy of the Plaintiff’s Complaint against you is on file and may be obtained at the office of the clerk of this court, Franklin Unit, Civil Division, Vermont Superior Court, 17 Church Street, Saint Albans, Vermont. Do not throw this paper away. It is an official paper that affects your rights.
2. PLAINTIFF’S CLAIM. Plaintiff’s claim is a Complaint in Foreclosure which alleges that Wayne Richard Aiken and Katie L. Goodrich-Aiken a/k/a Katie L. Goodrich have breached the terms of a Promissory Note breached a Mortgage Deed dated April 30, 2010. Plaintiff’s action may affect your interest in the property described in the Land Records of the Town of Fairfield at Volume 104, Page 430. The Complaint also seeks relief on the Promissory Note executed by Wayne Richard Aiken and Katie L. Goodrich-Aiken a/k/a Katie L. Goodrich. A copy of the Complaint is on file and may be obtained at the Office of the Clerk of the Superior Court for the County of Franklin, State of Vermont.
3. YOU MUST REPLY WITHIN 41 DAYS TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS. You must give or mail the Plaintiff a written response called an Answer within 41 days after the date on which this Summons was first published, which is August 17, 2014. You must send a copy of your answer to the Plaintiff or the Plaintiff’s attorney, AMBER L. DOUCETTE, Esq. of Bendett and McHugh, PC, located at 270 Farmington Avenue, Ste. 151, Farmington, CT 06032. You must also give or mail your Answer to the Court located at 17 Church Street, Saint Albans, Vermont.
4. YOU MUST RESPOND TO EACH CLAIM. The Answer is your written response to the Plaintiff’s Complaint. In your Answer you must state whether you agree or disagree with each paragraph of the Complaint. If you believe the Plaintiff should not be given everything asked for in the Complaint, you must say so in your Answer.
5. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CASE IF YOU DO NOT GIVE YOUR WRITTEN ANSWER TO THE COURT. If you do not Answer within 41 days after the date on which this Summons was first published and file it with the Court, you will lose this case. You will not get to tell your side of the story, and the Court may decide against you and award the Plaintiff everything asked for in the complaint.
6. YOU MUST MAKE ANY CLAIMS AGAINST THE PLAINTIFF IN YOUR REPLY. Your Answer must state any related legal claims you have against the Plaintiff. Your claims against the Plaintiff are called Counterclaims. If you do not make your Counterclaims in writing in your answer you may not be able to bring them up at all. Even if you have insurance and the insurance company will defend you, you must still file any Counterclaims you may have.
7. LEGAL ASSISTANCE. You may wish to get legal help from a lawyer. If you cannot afford a lawyer, you should ask the court clerk for information about places where you can get free legal help. Even if you cannot get legal help, you must still give the court a written Answer to protect you rights or you may lose the case.
The Affidavit duly filed in this action shows that service cannot be made with due diligence by any of the method provided in Rules 4(d)-(f), (k), or (l) of the Vermont Rules of Civil Procedure. Accordingly, it is ORDERED that service of the Summons set forth above shall be made upon the defendant, Wayne Richard Aiken, by publication as provided in Rule[s] [4(d)(l) and] 4 (g) of those Rules.
This order shall be published once a week for 3 weeks beginning on August 17, 2014 in the St. Albans Messenger a newspaper of the general circulation in Franklin County, and a copy of this summons and order as published shall be mailed to the defendant Wayne Richard Aiken, at 1492 Pumpkin Village Road, Fairfield, VT 05455 and 1245 East Street, Southington, CT 06489-4405.
Dated at St. Albans, Vermont this 16 day of July, 2014.
/s/ A.G. Rainville
Enjoy the country in this attractive 3 bedroom home with 2 full baths and finished basement rec area. Large open kitchen/dining/living area gives you lots of room for entertaining and family. Tiled baths and entries with hard flooring in living areas. Maintenance free exterior. Energy Star Rated home to insure low utility costs. Do not miss the opportunity to view this home that shows like new. Contact: Denis Bourbeau, 802-782-1019, www.brealty.org
Fairfax contemporary on 2 acres. Beautifully maintained inside and out! 3 bedroom, 3 bath sun-filled home on a private lot. Kitchen with granite and stainless. Oversized garage, large deck and patio. Master suite with jetted tub and tiled shower. Extensive perennial gardens. 225' of Lamoille River frontage. Call Jane Kiley, 802-846-9506, JaneKileyRealEstate.com, Coldwell Banker Hickok & Boardman Realty
Nicely renovated ranch with beautiful new sunroom. 2 bedrooms on main level, completely updated kitchen, new den, in wall AC, cast iron gas stove, hardwood and ceramic tile floors, beautiful woodwork, custom closets, double deck attached to a large pool. Oversized 2 car attached garage with workshop area. Philip Gerbode at Coldwell Banker Choice Properties 802-309-3353.
Beautiful 2br St. Albans Condo. 160 North Main Street, Unit #6. Saturday/Sunday 11:00am-2:00pm. Info/Photos: Google “VT MLS #4357621”
Main Street. Spacious 4 bedroom, 2 bath home. 2,768 sq. ft., hardwood flooring. Lease or cash. Call for details: 855-664-8357.
BREATHTAKING VIEWS! Spacious Colonial with an in-law/guest suite. Private master suite. Walk-in closets, brick fireplace, finished basement, garage. Private location. Close to I-89, schools, and downtown. Call Lang McLaughry, (802) 524-6763 or (800) 388-3318 www.LMSRE.com
Willing to negotiate!
Beautiful large older home with many upgrades! 4 bedrooms, 2 baths, living, dining, family, sunroom, 2 car garage. On 1.1 acre with barn/shed. Minutes to St. Albans/I89.
Four bedroom, well maintained. Living room, family room, dining room, attached garage. Paved drive, and partially fenced in yard with room for a nice garden. Covered front porch for friends and family.
Great location, adjacent to the country club. Near all conveniences with a paved driveway and a 2 car garage.
ROOM FOR FAMILY - Upgraded kitchen with island, vaulted ceilings, sunroom, master bedroom with private bath, large family. Appliances and pellet stove included. Oversized 2 car garage.
Quiet seclusion without being far from amenities. 3 bedroom, cozy home on 3.44 acres of open and wooded land. Full bath off the master bedroom, laminate flooring. Stainless steel appliances. Call Rachel Smith at S.R. Smith Real Estate (802) 524-6717
Junk Car Removal
Paying $100.-$500. for junk vehicles.
60 Mile Radius of
“I was very pleased with the response from my rental ad. The apartment was rented within 4 days!” —
If you have more questions, contact our helpful staff at the circulation desk: